Business Development Manager
United Kingdom, England, RemoteSales
Features and benefits
Base £47k / Commissions is uncapped
- Flexible working hours
- Working from home support, with all the equipment you’ll need to be productive
- Monthly professional development budget
- Exciting and collaborative start-up environment
- 25 days paid leave per year (plus public holidays)
- Generous Parental Leave
- On-demand online GP and counselling access for you and your family
- Wellness Perks with YuLife
- Virtual socials, games nights and team take-outs
This is a chance to join Techspert sales team. The Business Development Manager will be collaborating with the wider sales team, marketing and other revenue-generating functions to meet "bottom of funnel" targets.
The successful candidate will be a senior member of the sales team who has a strong track record in sales/business development and wants to take the next step in their career. They will be competitive, target-driven and ambitious who enjoys solving challenges while putting the customer front of mind.
Techspert is a fast-growing technology scale-up based in the centre of Cambridge, UK. We’ve developed AI-driven technology to revolutionise how knowledge is indexed, identified, and sourced within the healthcare and life sciences sectors and beyond. Our mission is to disrupt the expert network industry using cutting-edge machine learning technology.
We’re growing rapidly. The environment here is lean and agile; we prioritise fast growth with an exciting environment to match. Successful applicants will join as early employees, with significant opportunities to impact our primary business activities.
This role will be responsible for growing new verticals for techspert, expanding existing client revenue, and running sales meetings with prospective and current clientele. You will be responsible for generating revenue for the company in accordance with targets outlined in their commission plan.
Activities they will be expected to undertake are:
- Meet with prospects (either individually or leading a team) to identify and qualify their needs including understanding decision-makers, delivery timeframe, budget status, pain points, and competition status
- Successfully demonstrate the value of our solution by preparing value propositions and lead customer presentations/demos
- Generating opportunities, proposals and signed commercial agreements.
- Keep fully appraised of developments and innovations within the market and contribute to the evolution of the product roadmap through identification of customer requirements
- Travel to client meetings will be involved with this role
The type of person we would love to meet:
- Proven track record in sales, hitting and exceeding targets. We are looking for a salesperson who wants to push the limits, and exceed targets by working and playing hard.
- Strong sales acumen. We are looking for a salesperson with a sales process that can be moulded to suit our current and prospective clients.
- High level of communication skills. Whether you’re talking to our clients or collaborating within our team, this will be vital.
- Competitive individual who wants to be the best. We are looking for a salesperson who would like to be the best in their field and pushes both themselves and those around them for constant improvement.
- Ability to work well independently and as a team. An entrepreneurial and commercial individual who enjoys a high level of autonomy.
Desirable to the role
- Experience selling into professional services firms, Pharma Companies and Biotech. Can discuss different market types, players and the challenges selling into these industries.
- Passionate about technology. We are using technology to break into antiquated markets. We need candidates who love technology and can pass that passion on to our customers.
- Desire to build a long-term career. This role is a steppingstone within techspert.io. We are looking for people that are eager to learn and move up within the company.
- Bachelor's degree in STEM or a related field
Cambridge (Remote Working)
Flexibility to work from home, 1 day in London every 6 weeks alternated with 1 day in Cambridge every 6 weeks